Our Budget Notes take a closer look at the detail in the UK's 2017 Spring Budget.
The key announcements included:
- Measures to increase the main rate of National Insurance contributions for the self-employed
- A delay in the introduction of digital quarterly reporting for unincorporated businesses with a turnover below the VAT threshold
- Reducing the tax-free dividend allowance from £5,000 to £2,000
- £435 million of support for those businesses facing large business rate increases in England
- New legislation to target the promoters of tax avoidance schemes