David is the national head of VAT for the firm. He also leads our provision of VAT advisory services to the firm’s landed estates clients nationally.
His work is largely land and property based, including all aspects of partial exemption and input tax recovery. However, David has extensive experience on international work, advising clients on cross-border issues and international movements of goods.
David has extensive experience advising clients on dispute resolution in negotiation, and settlement of claims and assessments.
David has acted as speaker at numerous lectures related to VAT, including seminars for land and estate clients, Budget updates and breakfasts, and workshops - both international and national - to assist clients on developing in-house VAT expertise.
- Advising on VAT in relation to various property and construction projects across all business sectors.
- Providing international advice on place of supply of services and international movement of goods.
- Supplying VAT advice to the financial services and corporate finance sectors.
- Dealing with disputes, claims, assessments and appeals.
- Offering specialist advice in the aircraft and shipping sectors, including goods and services supplied to qualifying aircraft and ship operators.
- Advising private healthcare providers on optimising partial exemption methods.
Outside of work, David enjoys spending time with his family and having dinner with friends. He is also a keen runner and film fan.