For many people who inherit wealth for the first time, it comes with a mixture of excitement and also apprehension of the responsibilities involved.
Whether this is learning how an inherited business is run, managing and administering the new wealth, working with professionals or making changes to deep-rooted practices, it can all appear rather daunting. We have worked through these issues before and have great experience in assisting clients in making this transition.
By working with you directly, we ensure that we understand your aspirations and apprehensions and can give guidance on how to achieve your goals in a tax effective way.
How our experts can help you
We will get to know you and understand your new position to ensure that we can advise you in the best possible way.
We can assist you at what sometimes can be a difficult time if the inheritance is due to bereavement, and also introduce you to other professionals who can help you take the first steps forward.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Tax efficient planning including income and capital taxes
- Assistance with dealing with a deceased’s estate
- Planning the ownership of the family home
- Structuring of business ownership
- Profit extraction from family businesses
- Assistance with administering trusts or family investment companies
- Dealing with offshore trustees
- Dealing with any reporting requirements with HM Revenue & Customs
- Dealing with tax enquiries
- Annual accounts and tax compliance
Please contact our expert team to discuss a specific issue or to find out more about the services we offer to private wealth clients.