Too busy for tax
Completing a tax return is becoming more complicated each year. Changes to tax rules can trip up even the most cautious of tax payers and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is using its tight resources to invest in systems that flag tax issues requiring investigation.
At Saffery Champness we have great experience in guiding clients through the perils of a tax enquiry. Our role is to provide HMRC with the information they need as efficiently as possible in order to close down the investigation, whilst providing our clients with reassurance on their own position. We put HMRC’s questions in context, explain how the process will work and help ensure that innocent errors do not escalate.
If your taxes are not up to date, we can help you get back on track. We assist our clients to stay on top of their financial planning and help with prioritising key areas of concern. In the case of unwelcome letters from HMRC, we offer comprehensive fee insurance to cover our costs in dealing with unwelcome enquiries into your annual tax return.
Our experts can help with
- Helping you close and move on from an HMRC enquiry
- Ensuring that your ongoing tax compliance is timely and accurate
- Reviewing your overall asset position to maximise tax efficiency
- Identifying other financial planning opportunities, such as the use of pensions or life assurance, to ensure that your family’s finances remain on track
- Keeping you up-to-date with Budget changes that affect your family’s position
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs’ reporting requirements
- Tax efficient planning, including income and capital taxes
- Preparing a Family Wealth Review to collate all your financial information in one place and to identify areas which need further attention
Please contact our expert team to discuss a specific issue or to find out more about the services we offer to private wealth clients.