VAT is a transaction tax that impacts on all businesses and industry sectors. It has become an increasingly important tax for business and governments alike. VAT and similar transaction-based taxes have been introduced in most parts of the globe.
Our experienced specialist team, led by David McGeachy, are dedicated to the provision of VAT advisory and compliance services. Our aim is to unravel the complexity of VAT. We provide clear, concise and commercially grounded advice to directly address our clients’ needs.
We pride ourselves on solving difficult VAT problems in a practical, timely and cost-efficient way. We identify cash-saving opportunities, advise on the correct VAT treatment, and help our clients manage VAT risk. Our team is pro-active, knowledgeable and commercially aware, and we have a friendly and professional approach when working with clients.
The breadth and depth of our experience spans all business sectors. However, we have a particularly strong reputation for our expertise in the following areas:
- Landed estates and rural businesses
- International trade
- Financial services
- Commercial and residential property
Examples of our services include:
- Advising on acquisitions and disposals of businesses, new ventures, business transfers and corporate restructuring.
- Partial exemption special methods and planning.
- Advising on property development and construction projects.
- Large and complex transactions, advising on contracts, and reviewing VAT clauses.
- Advising on place of supply of goods and services.
- VAT reliefs available to charities.
- HM Revenue & Customs dispute resolution.
- General VAT compliance.
- VAT reviews and Health checks
Further examples of our sector experience and the services we offer can be found via the links below. These will also take you through to the contact details of the VAT specialists in our team.