Our Manchester office is seeking an outsourcing assistant manager or manager, dealing predominantly with owner managed businesses and clients in the sports, media and entertainment industry. This is a client facing, fast paced role which includes advisory elements and often deals with high profile clients.
The work is varied and ranges from typical outsourcing work (including VAT returns and management accounts), year-end compliance (including corporation tax) through to ad hoc work such as assisting and training clients with their accounting software, banking matters and advisory work.
The role is permanent and would suit an ACCA or ACA qualified accountant who is seeking to consolidate their knowledge of accounts, VAT and management accounts, and take it to the next level by building on their client management and supervisory skills.
The candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of clients’ affairs, and the role would include (but is not limited to) the following, within agreed deadlines:
- Reviewing management accounts, including reconciliations of all key account balances and tailoring the presentation specific to each client
- Assisting and advising clients on issues in their accounting systems, including software migration
- Agreeing and executing payment runs on clients’ behalf using a variety of online banking platforms
- Reviewing VAT and Intrastat returns
- General oversight of the teams outsourcing and VAT return portfolio
- Preparation and review of year-end financial statements and simple corporation tax computations
- Review of work prepared by other members of the team
- Carrying out and reviewing ad hoc tasks such as cash flows, budgets and information for third parties
- Maintaining relationships with clients and taking ownership of projects and tasks as appropriate
- Overseeing processing work on Xero and other accounting software
- Monitoring budgets and reporting to managers
The accounts and outsourcing department have experienced high growth in recent years and offer an exciting variety of work with great development opportunities.
The Manchester office has experienced significant growth in recent years and as a result of that growth, recently relocated to a new, purpose designed office on John Dalton Street. The team is comprised of a variety of departments and specialists who provide a wide range of services both locally and nationally.
The Manchester office has 4 partners and over 60 staff, and continues to grow.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and accuracy skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel, Xero and Sage Line 50 is essential. Understanding of other cloud accounting systems, would be helpful, but is not an essential requirement.
The successful candidate will have sufficient experience of working in outsourcing previously.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
Candidates should be educated to at least A level (or equivalent) and ideally degree level and will have obtained a relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA).
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.