We are looking for a pro-active, resilient and driven individual to join our Tax Services Group (TSG).
The Tax Services Group (TSG) consists of over 60 employees spread over four UK offices (Bristol, Bournemouth, High Wycombe and Peterborough). The team delivers exceptional quality compliance and advisory services to a wide range of high net worth private clients, these include those with UK and offshore interests, property owners, business owners, partnerships and trusts.
The successful applicant will be responsible for their own portfolio of private clients including all compliance matters, administration and tax planning. The position will involve training and reviewing the work of junior staff within the group. Reporting will mainly be to the group’s team leaders and, in many cases, directly to the partners. Individuals will also be required to assist the team leaders with the management of the group and have direct staff responsibilities.
The allocation of work includes: self-assessment tax returns for wealthy individuals, partnership and trusts; associated tax computations including CGT calculations on securities, chattels and property transactions; completion of estate tax returns; and all related and complex aspects of looking after the tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients with wide ranging business and personal interests. Specific experience of residence and domicile matters is desirable, but not essential.
The role provides an excellent range of work for someone with a background in tax compliance wishing to broaden their experience with a dedicated “private client” firm with a diverse client base.
Individuals should be pro-active, resilient and driven to deliver excellent client service. The right candidate will be committed to a career in tax and will have relevant strong experience.
Experience of organising delivery of tax work within tight deadlines, problem solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. With this role, come the pre-requisites that the candidate is self-motivated, committed and flexible, a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work with stretching targets and deadlines. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Previous experience of using tax return software is assumed, as is use of Word and Excel. Some knowledge of computerised accounts packages would be useful.
Applicants should be preferably CTA qualified, or equivalent.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy which includes home working
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme at Assistant Manager and Manager level. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. This is paid annually in August
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Salary review annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.