The High Wycombe office of Saffery are looking to hire an Audit Manager on a full time, permanent basis.
The office has benefited from significant growth in recent years and we need an experienced Audit Manager to join our team. The office has a diverse portfolio of clients and will provide an exciting and inclusive working environment to further develop your career.
To become part of the team providing a wide range of audit, accounting and advisory services to our clients. We can offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions.
An Audit Manager in the High Wycombe office will have responsibility for managing a wide portfolio of clients that operate in a range of sectors, reporting directly to the Partners. The position would also involve some accounts preparation work, as well as one-off assignments and special work, as required. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the audit process
- Managing and monitoring progress of work and budgets
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Supervising and coaching qualified staff and trainees
- Liaison with tax team
- Opportunities to work on special assignments and projects.
We provide regular technical training and soft skills development to help support your growth and progression.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, tax and VAT services, acting for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. The portfolio of clients held within the office range from small/medium sized business to large international groups with key specialisms in owner managed businesses, property, Not For Profit, private wealth and professional practices. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our High Wycombe office is home to 2 partners, 2 directors and 40 members of staff. We benefit from a small office feel, within the larger Saffery family of around 1,200 people.
The position will require a strong level of ability, commitment, and flexibility. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to get things done. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Education and Experience
- CA/ACA/ACCA qualified
- Audit background or a general practice background
- Excellent understanding of FRS 102 is essential, and IFRS an advantage.
- Practical experience of one off special assignments or technical projects would be an advantage.
- Systems used are Excel, Word, CCH Accounts Production and CCH Audit Automation.
- Good leadership and training skills.
Reward and benefits
- A 35 hour working week with a hybrid working policy with the flexibility to work from home for up to three days per week (our core hours are 10-4)
- Excellent benefits including; contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance cover and great flexible benefits and family friendly policies,
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme.