Our Peterborough office is seeking an ambitious individual to join our Business Support Team to provide a professional, flexible and high standard of administrative support to Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants and fee-earners across the business.
Our Business Support Assistant provide a wide range of administrative support services to the office. The responsibilities of the role includes (but is not limited to):
- Copying, printing and scanning
- Dealing with both incoming and outgoing post, i.e., courier, packages, and special post.
- Assisting with the preparation of various types of documents and correspondence.
- Assisting with new client onboarding including AML, Letters of Engagement, client checks and proactive follow-up with the relevant teams as required.
- Maintaining client database.
- Creating and updating client data rooms.
- Providing support on event organization both internal and external and related administrative tasks.
- Support other members of the team and provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets required deadlines.
- Preparing and submitting expense claim forms for fee-earners, if requested.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as and when required.
We are looking for the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise and manage their own workload within a busy, fast paced environment.
- The ability to cope with repetitive tasks.
- A flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively.
- A natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Attention to detail: proof-reading all work and checking formatting, spelling and grammar.
- Effective user of Microsoft software and takes responsibility for undertaking any training required to improve relevant skills to meet the needs of the business.
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm to work independently and as part of a team.
- Should be flexible in approach to working overtime when required.
- Good English language and grammar skills.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Administration experience in a busy environment is desirable.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.