Corporate Tax Manager – Advisory – Various locations
Our Southern Regional Group (Bristol, Bournemouth, Peterborough and High Wycombe offices) are looking for a pro-active corporate tax advisory manager to join our growing and dynamic corporate tax team to provide direct support on corporate tax advisory projects.
The mix of advisory work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors, including property, innovation, landed estates, financial services and not for profit.
You will be involved in tax planning and advisory projects which will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients, including structuring acquisitions, disposals and group reorganisations of companies, due diligence assignments, property and land transactions, capital allowance claims and R&D tax credits.
The role will include some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual will in most cases report directly to a corporate tax partner or director.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax advisory background.
Our Southern Regional Group consists of four offices based in Bristol, Peterborough, Bournemouth and High Wycombe. We have over 30 corporate tax staff working in the Southern Regional Group, including two Partners, three Directors and five Senior Managers.
The position will be based within one of these four offices but there will be opportunities to work on clients across all four offices.
Candidates must be proactive, resilient and be able to market their skills and those of the firm, both on a one-to-one basis and in presentations. They should be innovative with vision, creativity and flair. They should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates will require recent practical experience of providing tax advice to owner-managed businesses, with a detailed and up to date working knowledge of corporate tax issues a given. Whilst technical skills are obviously important, this position also requires a team-orientated and flexible personality, alongside the experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problem solving and the ability to use their own initiative. The individual must be able to look at the tax issues of private companies both from the point of view of the company structure, and that of their owners.
Applicants should be preferably CTA and/or ACA/ACCA qualified.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer with a focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.