Corporate Tax – Senior
We are looking to recruit an experienced Tax Senior to join our Corporate Tax team. This role will be responsible for a wide portfolio of interesting clients across all sorts of industries. This is a full time, permanent position.
As the successful Tax Senior, your duties will include:
- Preparation and review of corporation tax computations
- Taking an active role in the management of key milestones, return and payment deadlines
- Corresponding with clients and HMRC
- Supporting Partners and Managers on the delivery of tax advisory assignments and planning projects including international tax, capital allowances, R&D tax relief and structuring advice
- You will have the support and guidance of an approachable senior management / partnership team who will help you to achieve your long-term career goals
Watch our video about careers in tax at Saffery Champness
You will joining a very well-established team consisting of lots of managerial support. You will be working closely with Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners.
As the successful Corporate Tax Senior, we are flexible in your background. You can be ATT, ACA, ACCA Qualified or be part way through your CTA studies, providing you have relevant experience within Corporate Tax.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service. On 1 January, after 1 year’s service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours and thereafter by a further 7 hours on 1 January following completion of 2 years’ service, giving a maximum of 175 hours after 2 years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme – The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.