To ensure the provision of an exceptional EA service to a defined number of Partners within the relevant Department; these partners will typically be in defined positions of leadership within the firm, eg Chairman, Managing Partner, Group Leader, Group Head.
Reporting directly to the Business Support Manager (or other as appropriate in regional offices), responsibilities will include:
- Complex diary management for Partners, using own initiative to arrange meetings and conference calls and liaising with other secretaries and external clients during Partner absence.
- Comprehensive e-mail management – checking, prioritising and summarising e-mails on a daily basis and dealing with correspondence where necessary in the Partners’ absence; including collation of any action points.
- Collating documentation for meetings – letters of engagement (LOEs), reports, proof reading and circulating agendas in advance; carrying out research as may be required.
- Booking video and conference calls, meeting rooms and required refreshments, and lunch and dinner reservations.
- Booking attendance at meetings, conferences and seminars (including national and international travel) and organising trip itineraries and logistics.
- Taking a proactive approach to building relationships with clients and their secretaries in a professional manner.
- Handling telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner, taking accurate messages and following up on any agreed actions.
- Acting as First Line IT support for any basic IT queries raised by fee-earners.
- Submission of expense claims.
- Passing to TSAs (Transaction Support Assistants) information for entry into the firm’s Practice Management system.
AML and billing:
- Taking ultimate responsibility for the AML process to include delegation of appropriate tasks to TSAs within the team; tasks include filling in the required data before onward circulation to the relevant case handler; following up on outstanding AML forms and proactive liaison with the AML team.
- Taking ultimate responsibility for the billing process on behalf of partners (where required), to include delegation of appropriate tasks to TSAs within the team; tasks include raising bills, running reports, maintaining a detailed tracker of distributed and paid bills and the follow up with debtors.
- Drafting and typing of confidential matters for partners.
- Printing of agendas, presentations and meetings papers specific to allocated partners/fee-earners.
- Production of PowerPoint presentations as may be required.
- Proof-reading of all documents to ensure the delivery of work of the highest quality.
- Carrying out PDF to Word conversions and vice versa.
- Any general correspondence as may be required from time to time.
Support of other functions/activities:
- Working with the Marketing Team as required, to include helping produce tenders, credential sheets, events, pitches, etc.
- Managing administrative marketing activities as required, to include the processing of any handouts for client events/seminars.
Relationship building/internal networking:
- Attending team meetings and taking minutes as required.
- Involvement in committees and steering groups relating to secretarial/administrative support/processes for the wider firm.
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior team members including Junior PAs and Transaction Support Assistants.
- Previous experience of working within a busy corporate environment is essential.
- Professional service experience desirable.
- Excellent client care skills – the ability to deal with queries from internal and external clients in a professional and polite manner, and be the first point of contact for external clients.
- Excellent organisational skills – the ability to take responsibility for own tasks and prioritise work in a calm and efficient manner.
- Highly developed time management skills – the ability to work to very tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Highly developed communication skills – the ability to communicate in a confident and professional manner with people at all levels within the business.
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability in meeting internal and external clients’ demands – in both the nature of the work undertaken and working additional hours as required to complete the task(s).
- Demonstrate proactivity and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Acts as a positive role model at all times.
Skills and knowledge
- High levels of IT literacy in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, plus NetDocuments and Advance.
- A fast and accurate typist with excellent attention to detail, use of language and grammar.
- Any specific skills as may be required within a particular department.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining