This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join the group which handles the corporate tax aspects of the firm’s Creative.
The position will form part of the corporate tax group within the London Tax department. The vast majority of the workload will relate to clients from the creative teams, which provide a wide range of audit and accountancy advice and related services to companies in the sector.
The creative team is an exciting a different team to be a part of due to the types of clients that we service. You will be dealing with clients from all different creative sectors including Film & TV, Video Games, Sports and More. One day you could be working with a Hollywood Blockbuster movie, the next you could be working with a well know sports team. If you enjoy working in corporate tax, but want to work on exciting and unique projects, then this is the opportunity for you.
This is a challenging and interesting client facing role, which will include exposure to a wide range of clients, often working to tight deadlines and dealing with challenging technical issues.
- Responsibility for a portfolio of Creative Sector corporate clients.
- Assisting with Creative Sector Tax Credit claims on Games, Movies & High-End TV Productions
- Advising on the operation of the Reliefs, and how clients can structure their productions to obtain the maximum benefit from them
- Involvement with other OMB tax aspects of the client base including Share Schemes, Valuations, R&D
- Working directly with Partners in the Tax and the Film & TV Teams
- There is also the opportunity to work across other clients within our Mainstream Tax team to help broaden your experience and enhance your portfolio.
The London Tax Department is currently split into six tax groups consisting of a corporate tax team, a VAT team, three personal tax groups and a tax advisory group. The department comprises 12 tax partners, and over 80 employees, with the majority being tax professionals.
The London Corporate Tax team is split into 2 halves, Creative & Mainstream, and encompasses all corporate tax across the many teams within the London Office.
The Creative Tax team is one of the leading advisors to this sector and hold a wide client list encompassing come of the world’s largest and most successful Film, TV, Videos Game and Sports companies.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, outsourcing, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Experience of working with clients in the Creative Sector is not essential however the candidate must have a track-record of delivering a high standard of client service and dealing with complex technical work. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Candidates should be educated to at least A level (or equivalent) and ideally degree level and will have obtained a relevant professional qualification (ATT/CTA/ACA/ACCA). Previous experience in a corporate tax role is essential, preferably in a Top 50 firm.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme at Assistant Manager and Manager level. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. This is paid annually in August
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.