Our Inverness office is seeking an ambitious individual to join our team and provide administration support to our fee earners.
- Preparing and submitting expense claim forms for fee-earners, if requested.
- Liaison with IT support, facilities and other internal teams to ensure the role is fulfilled successfully.
- Proactively seek client information/business cards and updates in order to maintain and update client and other relevant contact details on practice management system database.
- Ensure that all electronic filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by EAs in relation to both AML and Billing, ensuring that all are carried out to a high degree of accuracy and through to completion.
- Proactive follow-up with the AML and Finance teams as required.
- Applying e-signatures to documents on request.
- Archiving and retrieving files and deeds from storage as required.
- Support other members of the team and provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets required deadlines.
- Any copying, printing or scanning required, including preparation of large files or documents (paper and electronic), including preparation and indexing.
- Organising both internal and external post, ie courier, packages and special post.
- Providing administrative support on event organisation both internal and external (badges, signage, handouts, room set up)
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise and manage their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with some repetitive tasks. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively. They will be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- Administration experience in a busy or pooled environment is desirable.
- Embraces and promotes the use of technology and proactively identifies opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills as will be required to support a demanding group of fee-earners with different levels of seniority in a calm and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail: proof-reads all work, checking for spelling and grammar.
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm to work independently and as part of a team.
- Shows a willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Should be flexible in approach to working overtime when required.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good English language and grammar skills.
- Effective user of key software packages, (eg Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook/NetDocuments/Advance) and takes responsibility for undertaking any training (e. MOS) to improve relevant skills to meet the needs of the business.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.