We are looking for a bright and able individual to join our High Wycombe office.
Candidates must have a ‘can do’ attitude and high level of organizational skills. Preferable but not mandatory: Client-facing experience for calls/greeting, worked in a professional environment.
Providing support to a busy office. This role would suit a pro-active individual, looking for a step-up into a professional, administrative environment; but with an understanding that this involves a level of repetition which is vital in keeping the admin function moving.
Overview of tasks (not exhaustive):
- Assist with typing to include standard letters, letters of engagement and audit reports
- Organising both internal and external post ie courier, packages and special pos
- Answering buzzer for client, post/courier and supplier meet and gree
- Answering telephone
- Review and manage Meeting Room Booking
- Making drinks for clients and visitor
- Organizing/assisting with any catering requirements for the meeting room
- Preparation of meeting rooms/clearing meeting rooms after meeting
- Archiving and retrieving files from offsite storage provider (Iron Mountain)
- Data input for new clients and amendments on Advance, our practice management system database
- Client identification management including AML forms and OMC forms
- Assist with finalizing invoices during the monthly billing process in Advance
- Provide support and back up to office manager
To provide administration support to the High Wycombe office and directly reporting to the Office Manager.
The services of the High Wycombe office extend across the full spectrum of accounting and tax for private individuals and businesses.
The office comprises of 3 partners and 21 staff.
Experience in a similar role with a high-level understanding of a busy office support function. Confidence when liaising with clients and staff at all levels. Applicants will need to be happy, and used to the consistency of certain tasks.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-12pm / 2pm-4pm. There is an expectation that this role will be mainly office-based, but with opportunities to work from home.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four x salary under the SeleCt flexible benefit programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee after six months service)
- Six-month probationary period.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the SeleCt flexible benefit programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and optical plan and private medical insurance (dependent on the level of the role). More information can be found online.
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.