Our Peterborough office is seeking a highly experienced Personal Assistant to provide a professional, flexible and high standard of support to Partners and their teams across the business.
To ensure the provision of a first-class PA service to a defined number of Partners and their teams within the relevant office.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant/Office Manager, responsibilities will include.
Complex diary management for Partners to include arranging meetings and video conference calls, booking meeting rooms and required refreshments. Minute taking (as required).
- Submission of expense claims.
- Booking travel, organising trip itineraries and logistics.
- E-mail management on behalf of Partners (if required)
- Liaising with clients and others in a professional and polite manner, following up on any agreed actions.
This role will be part of the wider Business Support Team and will report into the Executive Assistant/Office Manager.
We are looking for the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills – the ability to take responsibility for own tasks and prioritise work in a calm and efficient manner.
- Well-developed time management skills – the ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Able to manage expectations and provide realistic timelines for delivery.
- Ensures work is delegated or handed over to ensure timely completion.
- Able to work pro-actively to find ways of making fee earner lives easier.
- Well-developed communication skills – the ability to communicate in a confident and professional manner at all levels.
- Demonstrate proactivity and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Understands the deadlines of others and is able to work flexibly around peak periods.
- The ability to adapt working styles to individuals’ ways of working.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Acts as a positive role model at all times.
- High levels of IT literacy in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills with excellent attention to detail, use of language and grammar.
- Previous experience of arranging client events and the confidence to play a pivotal role at such events is highly desirable.
- Previous experience of working within a busy corporate environment is highly desirable.
Reward & Benefits
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.