We are looking for an experienced Tax Senior to join our growing and dynamic Bristol team who will be responsible for the corporate tax affairs of a varied client portfolio.
The candidate will be committed to a career in tax and ideally would already have gained at least three years’ experience in a corporate tax role. A general understanding of accounts is desirable.
Duties will mainly include working with more senior members of the team on the corporation tax compliance aspects of the portfolio, including preparation of corporation tax returns and computations, advising on payment dates and dealing with all other administrative matters. There will also be the opportunity to assist in tax advisory projects.
Our Corporate Tax team in Bristol consists of 2 Directors, 4 Managers, 1 Assistant Manager, 1 Senior and 6 Trainees.
Candidates are likely to be at least ATT qualified and ideally CTA qualified, however there would be an opportunity to study for the CTA qualification. The candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 23 days annual (increasing to 25 days from January 2023). After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.