We are seeking an Outsourcing and Accounts Semi-Senior to work in our London office, within the Business Services Group, a team who deal predominantly with clients in the sports, media and entertainment industries. The work is varied and ranges from typical outsourcing work (VAT returns, management accounts) through to ad hoc work such as assisting with tour accounts, property purchases and banking matters.
The role is permanent, and would suit an AAT qualified or ACCA studier (Foundation Stage), who is seeking to build on their knowledge of bookkeeping, VAT and management accounts.
The candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of clients’ affairs, and the role would include (but is not limited to) the following, within agreed deadlines:
- Overseeing and carrying out processing work on Dext and Xero and other accounting software
- Preparing and assisting with payment runs on clients’ behalf using a variety of online banking platforms
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing management accounts, including reconciling all key account balances and tailoring the presentation specific to each client
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks on larger clients, such as cash flows, budgets and information for 3rd parties
The candidate would be working within a team, usually alongside a junior processing clerk, to whom they would need to delegate certain tasks and supervise. For larger jobs they may be assisting a senior to whom they would report.
We would also expect that there will be some involvement in preparing year end accounts, mainly for those clients for whom we have provided an outsourcing service, however, the main focus of the role would be outsourcing related work.
The role reports to the Outsourcing and Accounts Director.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, outsourcing, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our London office is home to more than 40 partners and 350 members of staff.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and accuracy skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel would be preferable, and knowledge of Xero is essential. Understanding of other accounting systems, including cloud-based systems such as Hubdoc, Dext Prepare and QuickBooks Online would be helpful, but is not an essential requirement.
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
The candidate should be educated to at least A level standard (or equivalent), with a minimum of 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grades A to C. We expect that the candidate will have a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience within a similar accounting role.
- A 35-hour working week
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours) upon successful completion of probationary period
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Study support for AAT/ACCA
- Twenty days annual leave (pro-rata).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme,employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Group Personal Pension scheme: you will be automatically enrolled into our Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution)
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Six-month probationary period
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.