We are seeking an accounts and outsourcing Senior to work in our Manchester office dealing predominantly with owner managed businesses and clients in the private wealth and estates sector.
This is a client facing, fast paced role which includes advisory elements and often deals with high profile clients.
The work is varied and ranges from typical year end compliance through to ad-hoc advisory and project work. The client base is a mix of sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, limited liability partnerships, trusts and smaller private charities.
The role is permanent and would suit an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant who is seeking to consolidate their knowledge of accounts, compliance and trusts, and take it to the next level by building on their advisory, client management and supervisory skills.
The candidate would be responsible for working on a variety of clients’ affairs, and the role would include (but is not limited to) the following key elements, within agreed deadlines:
- Preparation of year-end financial statements
- Responsibility for annual filing requirements, including with Companies House and the Charity Commission
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Taking ownership of ad-hoc advisory projects
- Work planning and annual timetabling
- Billing and financial management
- Liaison with the tax team
- Building and maintaining client relationships
Experience of preparing year end accounts using accounts production software such as CCH or an equivalent is also required. Company secretarial experience would be desirable but is not essential.
The role reports to the landed estates manager, but will be a part of the accounts and outsourcing team.
The role is office based, however the firm has an agile working policy that allows for flexibility on this.
The accounts and outsourcing department have experienced high growth in recent years and offer an exciting variety of work with great development opportunities.
The Manchester office has experienced significant growth in recent years and as a result of that growth, recently relocated to a new, purpose designed office on John Dalton Street. The team is comprised of a variety of departments and specialists who provide a wide range of services both locally and nationally.
The Manchester office has 4 partners and over 50 staff, and continues to grow.
The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified and will have a number of years’ experience of working in a practice.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and analytical skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel and Word is essential. Understanding of other accounting systems would be helpful but is not an essential requirement.
The ideal candidate should be hard-working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. They will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.