Senior (Accounts & Trust)
We are looking for a bright and methodical individual to join our Bristol office as a Senior within our Accounts & Trusts team. Candidates must have a pro-active attitude, relative experience and be looking for longevity within the Accounts specialism.
The main purpose of the role is to initially work on the management of the Geneva trust accounting function, preparing and reviewing both company and trust accounts for overseas entities.
Additional main duties include dealing with intercompany transactions, reviewing bookkeeping prepared by colleagues, managing a large portfolio of entities and providing a position on all of them at any point in time.
Time management is key within this position as the Geneva office stick to deadlines for accounts as you would expect.
Your work with the Geneva office is initially covering maternity, but this role is permanent and could evolve to further work in the same area or other opportunities internally.
You will be joining an established and successful team within the Bristol office and liaising on monthly catch ups through Skype/Teams with the Manager of the Geneva Office.
You will be based from the Bristol office in Clifton, but with our agile working policy, we offer the opportunity to have a healthy mix of working from home and 2 days minimum within our office.
As the successful candidate you will be a Qualified Accountant with experience in a similar role, within a practice. You will have excellent time management skills and a confident ability to demonstrate effective communication skills.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.