We are looking for Audit Seniors to join our Film & TV team in our London/Manchester office. This is a busy and varied role that would suit a qualified ACA/ACCA.
The individual will be working in the Film & TV team and will report to managers, directors and partners within that team.
Our clients include all of the major Hollywood studios, major streaming networks as well as many independent film and television production companies in the US and UK. We also work with many other entities ancillary to film and television production, such as film financiers, visual effects and post-production houses and other service providers. Finally, we work with a number of video games developers ranging from small independents to large multi-national studios.
The Film & Television team is separate from the other audit departments within the firm. Whilst there are some resource sharing protocols in place, the individual would be working within the Film & Television team for the vast majority of their time due to the specialist nature of the work undertaken. The Film & Television team does work alongside other teams within the firm and the individual would get significant internal exposure to staff and partners in various departments including corporate tax, personal tax, payroll and outsourcing.
Aside from the typical audit/accountancy work you might expect, the more specialised work you would be have exposure to would be as follows:
- Preparation and review of BFI certificate applications
- Preparation of production expenditure analysis for inclusion in tax returns
- Preparation of tax credit estimates for upcoming productions/games
- Preparation of production cost report audits for both individual productions and co-productions
- Preparation and audit of funding applications and reports
- Preparation of business plans and financial models to reflect varied businesses and opportunities in within the film, television and video game industries
- Preparation of valuations for film/TV titles, film/TV libraries, incomes streams and other intellectual property.
The individual would be assigned to work predominantly within the Film & TV Team, and report to managers and partners within that team. Away from production, the Film and TV team provide a wide range of audit and accountancy advice to financiers, distributors, studios and companies in the post-production sector along with advice on employment tax issues and tax planning opportunities.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Passionate about delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
- Defines tailored personal performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Takes ownership of work and takes personal responsibility for on time delivery.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates proactively and confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Shows both a strong technical accounting and audit knowledge and an ability to apply this to bespoke client situations.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, outsourcing, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located. Our London office is home to more than 30 partners and 300 members of staff.
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression
- Annual salary market rate depending upon experience
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- 23 days annual leave. In addition, under the firm’s flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme.
- Tax free £25 per month (working from home allowance)
- Group Personal Pension scheme: you will be automatically enrolled into our Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution)
- Salary review annually in October.
- 6 month probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the SeleCt flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, childcare vouchers, critical illness cover and private medical insurance.