Senior – (Audit)
The High Wycombe office are looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Audit Senior, to join our audit and accounts team. Applicants must be ACA or ACCA qualified/finalist and be able to display a commercially minded and proactive approach to client work.
This is a varied and challenging role which will include exposure to a wide range of clients, often working to tight deadlines.
The key role is to deliver complete Audit and Accounts files to managers, to include:
- Full planning; identifying risks, setting materiality and designing appropriate tests
- Leading a team on audit fieldwork, with a focus on development of the team and delivering a positive client experience
- Detailed audit work, taking ownership for decisions and conclusions made through professional judgment
- Good understanding of audit requirements, ensuring professional scepticism is applied and appropriate documentation made
- Developing a rapport with clients to deliver effective audits and accounts
- File completion, including summarising key audit findings for the partner’s attention.
- Regular and effective communication with manager and team throughout audit process
- Responsibility for budgetary control and keeping manager informed thereon
- Liaising with other Saffery Champness teams, such as corporate tax, to ensure we provide a joined-up service
- Working across client sites, as well as in the office and from home.
The Accounts and Audit Team within the High Wycombe office comprises 18 members of staff, from accounts assistants and audit trainees up to senior manager. The team work with all partners within the office, and firmwide, on a variety of tasks including audits, outsourcing and management accounts, VAT returns, statutory accounts preparation and ad-hoc client queries.
There is a real focus on development within the team, with the aim being for staff to develop their careers long term within the firm. Alongside a commitment to client service, and excellence in their work, there is a willingness to help each other and succeed as a team.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, tax and VAT services, acting for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. The portfolio of clients held within the office range from large corporate groups to landed estates, with key specialisms in owner managed businesses, property, private wealth and professional practices. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our High Wycombe office is home to 3 partners and 36 members of staff. We benefit from a small office feel, within the larger Saffery Champness family of around 900 people.
- ACA/ACCA qualified/finalist
- Audit experience, including planning and completion
- Proven track record in accounts preparation
- Excellent communication skills
- Client focused with commercial awareness
- Computer experience: Excel, Word and ideally CCH accounts and audit automation
- Good technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting and auditing standards
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on multiple jobs at once
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Proactive nature and enjoys working as part of a team.
Although not a pre-requisite, it would be beneficial if you had:
- Driving licence and ability to travel to client premises
- Experience of consolidated accounts.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees
- Staff have access to health assessments, cancer screenings and health cash plans through the flexible benefits programme
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Pay dates are on 28th of each month. Should you join the firm after 15th of the month, you will receive your first pay the following month
- Salary reviews annually in October. Six-month probationary period
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.