Our Inverness office is looking for a Senior – Audit to join our growing Audit department. This is a busy and varied role and would suit a qualified CA/ACA/ACCA (or equivalent qualification).
Our Audit team in Inverness, one of the fastest growing cities in the UK, advises a wide range of private and commercial businesses, not-for-profit organizations and charities across the Highlands & Islands. Our commercial client base ranges from large multi-national companies to family businesses, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals.
The successful candidate will be expected to have responsibility for leading a range of audits. You will be responsible for supervising and coaching the work of more junior staff and liaising with tax staff, partners and clients. The role will provide a good range of work for someone with solid technical skills and a background of audit work, wishing to build on their experience in a fast-growing office that will provide opportunities for progression.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefitting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with other in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Education and experience
Applicants will be CA/ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent qualification) and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit. Experience in preparing group accounts and auditing groups and familiarity with electronic auditing packages (eg CCH Audit Automation) and accounts preparation with CCH Accounts Production would be an advantage. Experience of auditing larger groups, and charities audit experience is desired but non-essential
- Annual salary market rate depending upon experience.
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Salary review annually in October.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 23 days annual leave. In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the flexible benefits programme.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- 6 month probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover and private medical insurance.