We are seeking an Outsourcing and Accounts Senior Manager to work in our London office within the Business Service Group, a team who deal predominantly with clients in the sports, media and entertainment industries.
The work is varied and ranges from typical outsourcing work (VAT returns, management accounts) through to ad hoc work such as assisting with tour accounts, property purchases and banking matters.
The role is permanent and would suit an experienced ACCA/ACA qualified accountant who is seeking to build on their client management and supervisory skills, and apply these to a varied portfolio of clients.
The candidate would be responsible for managing a variety of clients’ affairs and team matters. The role would include (but is not limited to) the following:
Supervision of staff and staff development
- Provide training to team members where appropriate regarding best practice and introduction of new procedures
- Arrange training and development for team, as required
- Conduct regular review meetings with staff to appraise their performance and development requirements, and provide feedback
- Give feedback to other managers regarding staff matters and resourcing
- Delegate work to team members, ensuring this is done appropriately but a willingness to step in, to complete tasks if necessary to support the team
- Supervise work being undertaken by team members
- Involvement in recruitment of staff
- Provide feedback to directors and partners on resourcing
- Working with directors and partners on the business plan objectives and monitoring KPI’s.
Manage a portfolio of clients covering various sectors
Reviewing and providing a variety of outsourcing services including:
- VAT returns
- Management accounts
- Year end accounts (both FRS 105 and FRS 102 s1a)
- Cash flow forecasting
- Sales ledger management
- Purchase ledger management
- Treasury management to ensure sufficient funds available and excess funds maximised
- Personal financial management for High Net Worth clients, such as assisting with property purchases, insurance cover, provision of information regarding personal spending etc
- Respond in a timely manner to client queries and requests.
- Liaise with partners and other managers regarding all client matters and attend meetings where necessary
- Assist with implementation phase for new clients
- Monitor billing and debtors of portfolio and liaise with partners accordingly.
Systems and Procedures
- Assist with the development and introduction of systems and procedures to the team and monitor use of those systems and procedures, providing further training to staff if required
- Provide high level assistance on software matters
- Provide feedback to managers regarding effectiveness of systems and procedures, with suggestions for improvements where applicable
- Being involved in, or responsible for internal projects.
- Preparation of fee quotes for review by directors and partners
- Attend networking events as appropriate
- Attend potential client meetings.
The candidate would be managing teams, typically consisting of a senior, semi-senior and a junior processing clerk, on rotational basis.
The role will be a mix of outsourcing and accounts work. There will be some involvement in year end accounts and tax matters where outsourcing services are not required.
The role reports to the Outsourcing and Accounts Partner.
The candidate will have strong numeracy and accuracy skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel would be preferable, and knowledge of Xero is essential. Understanding of other accounting systems, including cloud-based systems such as Dext, QuickBooks Online and Sage One, would be helpful, but is not an essential requirement.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience in the sports and music industries
- Have experience in a managerial role
- Be hard working and willing to step in when necessary
- Show initiative and be self-motivated
- Have excellent time management skills and able to organise their own workload and that of team members.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to cope with a number of competing deadlines.
- Display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with other managers, partners and clients.
- Be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
- Have a number of years’ experience within a similar managerial role and have experience of supervising staff and delegating work
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Car allowance of £5,000
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.