We are looking for an experienced manager to join our growing and dynamic Harrogate team to manage the corporation tax affairs of a varied client portfolio.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base of the corporate tax team is across a diverse range of business sectors within the local market.
Whilst the annual corporate tax compliance is the key focus of the role, tax planning will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients. This will include areas such as group tax planning, property planning, capital allowances, R&D tax credits and s455 tax planning. Tax accounting will also be an essential part of the role.
The successful applicant will also work closely with the Partners on stand-alone tax advisory projects, including structuring acquisitions and disposals, transaction support and due diligence.
The role would also include the supervision/review of work undertaken by the tax team including some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual report directly to the head of the corporate tax team and/or client partner.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a good range of work for some with a solid corporate tax compliance background. Experience of dealing with large groups, partnerships, non-resident landlords and non-resident capital gains tax would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, resilient and driven. They require recent practical experience in running a corporate tax compliance portfolio, will need relevant strong managerial skills and have a detailed up to date working knowledge of corporate taxation issues (especially those relating to owner-managed businesses).
Experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problems solving and the ability to use their own initiative is essential. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Applicants should be CTA and/or CA/ACCA qualified and have experience in a Senior Management level position.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary,
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Car allowance of £5,000
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.