Are you an experienced Corporate Tax Senior Manager looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to progress?
We are looking for an experienced corporate tax specialist at Senior Manager level to join our fast-growing and dynamic Southern Regional Group to provide direct support to the partners by managing the corporate tax affairs of an existing portfolio of primarily owner-managed business clients.
The mix of work will be varied as the client base is across a full range of business sectors, including property, innovation, farming, financial services, sport & entertainment and not for profit.
You will be involved in tax planning and advisory projects which will arise as a matter of course across this diverse portfolio of clients, such as property transactions, capital allowance claims, R&D tax credits and cross border transactions.
There will also be the opportunity to work on stand-alone tax advisory projects such as structuring acquisitions and disposals, group re-organisations, due diligence and structuring equity incentives.
The role will include some staff responsibilities and work planning. The individual will report directly to client partners.
Ongoing training will be provided, with the opportunity for the individual to attend the firm’s annual tax conference and attend both internal and external training sessions.
The role provides a wide range of interesting work for someone with a solid corporate tax background in a friendly and supportive environment.
The Southern Regional Group
The Southern Group consists of four offices based in Bristol, Peterborough, Bournemouth and High Wycombe. We have 30 corporate tax staff working in the Southern Regional Group, including one Partner, three Directors and three Senior Managers.
This position will be based within one of these four offices but there will be opportunities to work on clients across all four offices.
There will be flexibility of working from home as part of our Agile Working Policy.
Candidates must be proactive, resilient and be able to market their skills and those of the firm, both on a one-to-one basis and in presentations. They should be innovative with vision, creativity and flair. They should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates will require recent practical experience of running a corporate tax portfolio, and providing tax advice to owner-managed businesses, with a detailed and up to date working knowledge of corporate tax issues a given. Whilst technical skills are obviously important, this position also requires a team-orientated and flexible personality, alongside the experience of organising the delivery of tax work, problem solving and the ability to use their own initiative. The individual must be able to look at the tax issues of private companies both from the point of view of the company structure, and that of their owners.
Applicants should be preferably CTA and/or ACA qualified.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Annual salary reviews in October
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme at Senior Manager and Director level. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. This is paid annually in August
- Salary review annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA. More information will be provided on joining.