Saffery Champness Ireland, who have recently established an office on St Stephens Green, are currently looking to further grow their team and have a vacancy for a tax assistant manager on a full or part-time basis. Saffery Champness is part of the global Nexia group and is Top 12 firm in the UK.
The firm’s Film and TV department are the market leaders in this sector in both Ireland and the UK and offer a dynamic environment with huge scope for professional and personal development as the firm grows. The UK sector is the largest Film/TV production hub outside of Los Angeles with countless LA companies and studios now choosing the UK and Ireland to produce their content.
The ideal candidate will be a commercially focused, motivated and ambitious individual looking for a challenge in an industry that has doubled in size in Ireland in the last three years and is set to double again in the next two years.
The Dublin tax department is looking for a Tax Assistant Manager to carry out a new role in assisting with the firm’s substantial Film and Television client base. The tax group is led by John Gleeson who is a tax partner with over 25 years’ experience of advising on a wide range of tax issues. He is also the head of the Irish firm and acknowledged as a leading expert on film financing globally. The tax group already consists of a senior tax manager, a senior consultant (a semi-retired tax partner from a top ten firm) and a tax senior.
The substantial growth of the firm’s tax offering means that an additional Tax Assistant Manager is required to support existing clients and to capitalise on new opportunities to deliver additional high-quality services. The firm’s clients include all the major Hollywood Film Studios and streamers, many leading independent film production companies, and some of the largest Television Production companies in the UK and the USA. They are also experiencing considerable growth in tax consulting and compliance across other sectors. The role involves but is not limited to the following;
- Reviewing and submitting income tax and corporation tax returns
- Delivering high quality tax advisory services to clients on a wide range of issues including global mobility and employment tax issues, inbound/outbound corporate tax planning, IP migration and exploitation, property transactions, cross border VAT issues, wealth planning etc
- Reviewing and submitting Film and Television Tax Credit Claims
- Advising clients on the conditions of qualifying for Film and Television Tax Credit Claim
- Advising on production structures and reviewing documentation to ensure they are compliant
- Managing the corporation tax affairs of other companies and groups within the sector
The team and Office
Located on St Stephens Green in Dublin the Film and TV team has grown from eleven to fifteen and are currently looking to further grow their offering. The team service over 70% of the Irish film and TV market including significant inward investment projects, working regularly with Netflix, Disney, Lucasfilm, Apple etc.
The ideal candidate will be a committed and experienced multi discipline tax adviser who is already operating as an Assistant Manager, with excellent technical and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients in the creative sector would be an advantage, though not essential provided the candidate had a track-record of delivering a high standard of client service and dealing with complex technical work. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Candidates should be educated to at least degree level, and will have obtained a relevant professional qualification (AITI/ACA/ACCA)
- Previous experience at Assistant Manager level in a tax role, preferably in a Top 20 or boutique firm.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm.
- Working from home allowance of €27 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually €1,000.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme at Assistant Manager and Manager level. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance. This is paid annually in August.
- Salary review annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining).