Our London office is seeking an ambitious individual to join our team. To provide a professional, flexible and high standard of client service to fee-earners, EAs and PAs and to the wider business where required.
- Preparing and submitting expense claim forms for fee-earners, if requested.
- Liaison with IT support, facilities and other internal teams to ensure the role is fulfilled successfully.
- Proactively seek client information/business cards and updates in order to maintain and update client and other relevant contact details on practice management system database.
- Ensure that all electronic filing is up to date and maintained at regular intervals.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by EAs and PAs in relation to both AML and Billing, ensuring that all are carried out to a high degree of accuracy and through to completion.
- Proactive follow-up with the AML and Finance teams as required.
- Applying e-signatures to documents on request.
- Archiving and retrieving files and deeds from storage as required.
- Support other members of the team and provide cover as and when necessary to ensure that work is completed to a high standard and meets required deadlines.
- Any copying, printing or scanning required, including preparation of large files or documents (paper and electronic), including preparation and indexing.
- Organising both internal and external post, ie courier, packages and special post.
- Providing administrative support on event organisation both internal and external (badges, signage, handouts, room set up).
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise and manage their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with some repetitive tasks. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively. They will be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- Administration experience in a busy or pooled environment is desirable.
- Embraces and promotes the use of technology and proactively identifies opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills as will be required to support a demanding group of fee-earners with different levels of seniority in a calm and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail: proof-reads all work, checking for spelling and grammar.
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm to work independently and as part of a team.
- Shows a willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Should be flexible in approach to working overtime when required.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Good English language and grammar skills.
- Effective user of key software packages, (eg Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook/NetDocuments/Advance) and takes responsibility for undertaking any training (e. MOS) to improve relevant skills to meet the needs of the business.
- 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty-five days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service. On 1 January, after 1 year’s service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours and thereafter by a further 7 hours on 1 January following completion of 2, years’ service, giving a maximum of 175 hours after 2 years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.