Saffery are currently looking to further grow their team and have a vacancy for an Audit Manager on a full-time basis.
Saffery is part of the global Nexia group and is a Top 12 firm in the UK.
The firm’s Film and TV department are the market leaders in this sector in both Ireland and the UK and offer a dynamic environment with huge scope for professional and personal development as the firm grows. Saffery in the UK are the market leaders in film and TV finance. The UK sector is the largest production hub outside of Los Angeles with countless LA companies and studios now choosing the UK and Ireland to produce their content.
The ideal candidate will be a commercially focused, motivated, and ambitious individual looking for a challenge in an industry that has doubled in size in Ireland in the last three years and is set to double again in the next two years.
The Audit Manager will become part of the team providing a wide range of audit, accounting and advisory services to our clients. We are able to offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions.
As the Audit Manager you will have responsibility for managing a wide portfolio of clients that operate in Film and TV spaces, reporting directly to the Partners.
The position would also involve some accounts preparation work, as well as one-off assignments and special work, as required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and deliver of high-quality services to clients
- Lead contact for the client in the production and delivery of high-quality accounts preparation, audit and compliance services Develop and grow a professional relationship with your client portfolio in conjunction with the complete service team
- Manage the entire client engagement from inception to delivery, to include planning, budgetary control, file review, resolution of significant issues with Partner and client, and delivery of case to Partner
- Play a lead role in management and development of the team, ensuring a high quality of work
- Ensure that work is economically managed and delivered to ensure that the case is completed on time and within budget
- Support the Partner in the development of service provided to the portfolio
- Act in a business advisory role with the client, grow general and specialist market knowledge
- Actively seek to generate new business for the firm
- Participate in personal professional development through regular attendance at professional updates
The Film & TV Division of Saffery consists of roughly 70-80 staff with approximately 15 based in Dublin. You will have full support of several Partners in Dublin and London, with a team below consisting of Managers, Assistant Managers, Seniors and Trainees.
The Dublin Office is located on St Stephens Green
- Qualified Accountant with at least 3 years PQE and 2 years Management experience
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting and audit principles
- Ability to effectively project manage a number of assignments simultaneously
- Excellent team leading, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive approach to client service and business development
- Flexibility is an important part of the role
- Strong commercial acumen and relationship building skills
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week
- 25 days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service. On 1 January, after 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours (as long as you have been a manager for 5 years)
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary
- Working from home allowance of €27 a month
- Eligibility to avail of the firm’s annual car allowance scheme of €5,650
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c€1,000. Paid in December
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of €5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of €10,000
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance
- Private Medical – entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office
- Saffery is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network
Saffery is a firm of chartered accountants and business advisers. We have over 80 partners and over 800 staff that work from nine offices in the UK, plus offices in Ireland, Guernsey, Switzerland and the UAE.
We are bound by our shared values: ensuring excellence and integrity in the work we undertake, and being enthusiastic and collegiate in working together to achieve the very best outcomes for our clients. We value our strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led approach and we place great importance on providing exemplary client service.
We are a member of Nexia International, a leading global network of independent accounting and consulting firms.
Our experts advise a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests. The sectors in which we operate include: private wealth; owner-managed businesses; real estate; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; and professional firms and consulting businesses.