Client Director, Switzerland
I have always believed that wealth is wonderful, but you need to be able to make the best use of it to enable you the freedom to focus on the things that matter, rather than allowing it to disable you. Drawing on my own Asian heritage, I have an innate understanding of my clients’ culture and am highly motivated in supporting them in keeping perspective of life’s larger objectives.
Having lived, worked and raised a family across multiple jurisdictions, I have a unique perspective in being able to relate to my clients’ journey and needs and have a great deal of empathy for them. It is important to me that my relationships with my clients are built on being trustworthy, good-humoured and competent in finding strategic solutions to meet their needs.
Born and raised in China and speaking fluent Mandarin and English, I play a central role in developing and serving Saffery Champness’ growing client base of high-net-worth individuals and their families based in Asia Pacific. I specialise in complex multi-jurisdictional requirements, including assets or beneficiaries in the US and Europe.
With more than two decades of experience across private client, trust and finance industries, I am able to facilitate bridging generational gaps in values and expectations, while educating younger generations about the practicalities of their families’ structures.
Prior to joining Saffery Champness, I headed up the Asia market development as Senior Wealth Director for the Cayman Trust arm of an eminent US private bank, and more recently as Head of Private Clients for Greater China for a global wealth management firm in Hong Kong.
- Established and successfully built the Hong Kong office of an independent trust company
- Set up and administered structures for Asian families with US, UK, Australian, Canadian and European connections
- Advises on family governance structures for multi-cultural, multi-generational and multi-jurisdictional families
- Provides regular Training to intermediaries in Asia on wealth succession issues
- Served as Executive Committee member of STEP Hong Kong, a member of its China Sub-committee and Co-chair of its Wills and Estate Sub-committee.