Sinead qualified as a chartered accountant in 2009 in Dublin before moving to London and joining Saffery Champness in 2010. Sinead acts for a wide range of clients, from small independent film and television production companies to major US and UK film studios and television broadcasters.
Sinead relocated to Dublin in July 2017 and continued work with her US and UK client base and London team. She provides specialist advice on claiming creative sector tax reliefs and has a depth of experience in the UK Cultural Test and qualifying co-productions, as well as providing auditing and accounting services.
Sinead joined John Gleeson and his team when we opened our Dublin office in April 2019. Since then Sinead has been involved in both the UK tax reliefs and the Irish Film and Television Tax Credit, Section 481.
- Advising film, television and animation producers on how to access film and TV production tax incentives in the UK and Ireland.
- Advising on multi-territorial production structures, financing arrangements and considering the impact of production specific contractual arrangements.
- Providing advice on qualifying productions as British and assisting with submission to the BFI.
- Advising on how to qualify as a formal co-production.
- Providing opinion letters for financiers.
- Evaluating budgeted production expenditure for qualification of tax relief.
- Assisting clients with corporate reporting, audit and statutory compliance.
Sinead is married with two daughters and a son. She is a keen swimmer and enjoys family holidays. Sinead also enjoys spending time with friends and family, and going to the cinema.