Susie specialises in advising private clients, landed estates and commercial entities both in the Highland region and throughout the rest of Scotland.
Susie’s clients are involved in most areas of the Highland economy, with an emphasis on land management, including property, farming, sporting and renewables projects. She has extensive experience in helping businesses to grow whilst providing financial advice for the whole family.
Susie joined Saffery Champness in 1988, having qualified in London, and was made partner in 1993. She was appointed head of the Inverness office in 2007.
- Working with private clients with a variety of interests across England and Scotland.
- Acting as a trustee for many clients.
- Providing a variety of advice to a wide cross section of clients, including land owners, land managers, professional partners, builders, nursing homes, developers, and charities.
- Advising on management buy-outs, purchase from liquidators, refinancing, sale of group companies, and offshore tax.
- Experience of working in the renewable energy sector.
Susie is married to a farmer and has two children. Outside of work she enjoys light farming duties, fishing and working in her vegetable patch.