We are seeking an AAT qualified Accounts assistant who will be responsible for a broad range of clients, including partnerships, trusts, sole traders and companies covering various activities, such as manufacturing, property development and consultancy services.
The role is mainly office based, however flexibility is required to carry out work at client premises, if necessary. The successful candidate will provide primarily the following services to our clients:
- Preparation of management and financial accounts
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Maintenance of client accounting records
- Assisting managers with looking after a large portfolio of accounts and bookkeeping clients
The Accounts and Trust team is a friendly and supportive team consisting of 19 people, from trainees to Director.
The Bristol office offers accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our national offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our Bristol office is home to 6 partners and 85 members of staff.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of management and financial accounting. Ability to use Excel and Word is essential and knowledge of Sage, Key Prime, Xero as well as CCH AP would be advantageous.
You should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with some repetitive tasks.
You will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. You will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA). More information will be provided on joining.