We are looking for a bright and able BD executive to join the marketing team. This is for a fixed term of 15 months. Candidates must have one to two years’ experience working on bids and BD projects within a professional services firm. This is a newly formed role and will work alongside two BD Managers to support seven practice groups and nine offices. The role requires good inter-personal skills and excellent attention to detail, writing and editing skills.
The role will involve working with individual partners, National Practice Groups (NPG’s) and regional offices with their business development activities. The seven NPGs, which include partners from across the firm, were created specifically to maintain and develop presence and seek new business growth in selected sectors. Working across the firm means the role is incredibly varied in terms of the type of new business opportunities that present, and the offices and sectors involved.
The key responsibilities of this role include supporting the two Business Development Managers with tender submissions as well as managing and coordinating tender documentation including responding to RFP/ITT, the drafting of core text where appropriate, the co-ordination of tender teams and helping with final presentations. The role will also involve conducting business development research, helping identify targets, working on subsequent campaigns and involvement in other ad-hoc business development projects. The role reports to the Business Development Manager and has liaison with the firm’s partners. Travel to and work out of other UK offices may be required at times.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the BD managers in researching prospective clients
- Editing and proof reading proposals / bids
- Drafting a range of tender documents, including PQQs, fee proposals, capability statements, tenders and pitch placemats with the ability to manage the whole tender process in some cases
- Managing the tender feedback report and conducting tender feedback calls where appropriate
- Managing the tender library report and following up with partners where appropriate
- Managing the tender team’s intranet page and ensuring content is kept up to date
- Working with the Business Development Managers to draft new client win stories
- New business and client targeting projects
- Supporting the Business Development Managers to deliver the Firm’s client feedback programme
- Managing the online tender system and training secretaries and staff on how to use the system
The marketing department has 11 people and delivers a wide range of marketing and business development advice to the firm.
- Natural, confident people person and communicator
- Credibility and ability to influence others
- Absolutely must have attention to detail and excellent written English
- Able to identify stakeholders and develop relationships at all levels
- Friendly, team player
- Interpersonal and organisational skills
- Knowledge of InDesign (desirable but not essential – full training will be provided)
- Analytical ability
- Relevant marketing/business development experience in a professional services firm to include:
- Work on competitive tenders and pitches, including background research, coordination of document production, drafting and proof reading and post-tender evaluation
- Basic commercial research techniques
- 1- 2 years’ business development experience
- A 35-hour working week
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours) upon successful completion of probationary period
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Twenty-three days annual leave (pro-rata).
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Group Personal Pension scheme: you will be automatically enrolled into our Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution)
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).