We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Team Leader to join our growing IT team (based in London or Bristol).
Candidates must have the relevant technical knowledge and strong experience of troubleshooting, people management and problem solving within a busy IT department. Excellent customer service, project management, organisational, prioritisation skills and team management skills are essential.
The candidate will primarily be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Infrastructure Team, being the primary escalation point for Team members. This will include the monitoring of BAU activities, and the allocation project work as allocated by the IT Operation Manager.
This position provides exposure to a broad range of IT infrastructure activities and projects. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to help improve the firms’ systems, procedures and knowledge base by contributing and collaborating with others.
This role is to assist in the smooth functioning of infrastructure and operational environments that support applications and systems, including the network infrastructure; server and device management; user endpoint device management; computer operations; network administration; IT infrastructure library (ITIL) management; and escalated Service Desk incidents/problems.
- Assist in the organising, allocation and monitoring of the teams BAU tasks and monitor project where appropriates.
- Assist in ensuring incident and problem queues are kept up to date and actioned.
- Assist in ensuring that the team follow policy, best practice and procedures whilst undertaking work.
- Assist in team meetings to update members on continuing best practice and expectations.
- Provide feedback on reports on team performance.
- Responsible for the Infrastructure Team staff management administration tasks to include sick, holiday and on call rota cover.
- Provide updates to the IT Operations Manager on a regular basis.
- Perform agreed IT Operations Manager tasks in their absence.
- Assist with the development and continual improvement of services, support, processes, and technical documentation.
- Assist with the mentoring, coach, and assist members of the Infrastructure Team.
- Assist in the management of relationships with third parties and suppliers.
- Ability to administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls, Azure and Office 365, including InTune, Teams, AVD, etc.
- Ability to administer the VMware vSphere 6.5+ Infrastructure and Nimble Storage with Site Recovery Manager.
- Ability to administer Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops, NetScaler and PVS configuration.
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and high quality technical support. They must be well organised, self-motivated, punctual, and flexible in their approach to work. They must also be able to prioritise a variable workload and know when to escalate appropriately. They will be required to communicate effectively with pressurised users at all levels, often whilst under pressure themselves. Whilst demonstrating that they are an excellent team player, the candidate will have a solid background working within a busy team.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development including keeping up to date with current industry trend, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Demonstrate experience of supervising and leading others.
- Ability to follow processes, policies, procedures, guidelines and best practice.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to the technologies the team is responsible for.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
Along with the soft skills above, this role will be overseeing the technical team but will require technical hands-on knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019 including clustering.
- Office 365 incl. Exchange Online, Teams, InTune, etc. management, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Azure IaaS management, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- SCCM Current branch including software\Operating system deployment including patch management deployment.
- Scripting languages examples PowerShell and VBS Scripts.
- Citrix XenApp 7.15 including PVS.
- VMware vSphere 6.5+ in an enterprise environment.
- Backup systems (preferably CommVault).
- SQL Server 2014+.
- Troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs.
- Windows 10/11.
- Cisco switches and routers.
- Disaster recovery platforms like VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- iSCSI/Fibre channel Storage Area Networks, such as Nimble.
- ITIL Foundation qualification is preferable.
- Relevant IT qualifications is an advantage.
- Any Microsoft qualifications: Azure, O365, EndPoint Management, etc. is preferable.
- Additional Man-management qualifications is an advantage.
The IT Department
The IT department is made up of a team of 17 which includes, a Service Delivery Manager, a Service Delivery Analyst, 3x Application Team Members, 6 x Infrastructure Team Members, an Operations Manager, a Financial Systems & Reporting Manager, an IT Project Manager, an Enterprise Architect, an IT Director, and an IT Partner. The IT department, based in London and Bristol, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 10 offices across the UK.
Role reports to
This role will report to the IT Operations Manager.
Monday to Friday, 35-hour week, working the hours of 08:00 – 18:00, timings for this role will be determined at a later date. However, to allow for holiday cover, project delivery, system updates, etc there will be the requirement to change to an alternative shift or work additional hours outside of the core hours.
There will be on occasion be a requirement to travel to our other offices. If based in Bristol, this role will require attendance to the London Office at least twice a month.
An out of hours rota is in place on Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00. This will rotate between the other Infrastructure team members, resulting in 1 week on, 4 to 5 weeks off. It will be expected that during times of illness and holiday this rota will be changed appropriately. Confirmation on the out of hours timings for this role will be determined at a later date.
- Annual salary at market rate, depending upon experience.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 35 hours (pro-rated) holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary.
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining).
- Six-month probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
- Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.