We are looking for a corporate tax Senior/Assistant Manager to join our fast-growing and dynamic Bristol office.
The successful applicant will work closely with the existing corporation tax team, the audit and accounts teams and partners to manage a portfolio of clients. Our corporate tax team consists of a Director, Senior Manager, one Assistant Manager, two Seniors, an Assistant and two Trainees.
The role remit will encompass both compliance and advisory aspects. The compliance side will include responsibility for a portfolio of clients and will involve both the preparation and review of corporation tax returns and computations, helping with day-to-day client and HMRC queries and tax administration. The role will also include preparing claims for capital allowances and R&D tax relief.
On the advisory side, the successful applicant will work closely with the Director on tax advisory projects, including group restructuring, structuring acquisitions and disposals, share based incentives, transaction support and due diligence.
The role provides a variety of work as the corporate client portfolio is varied, mainly OMBs, but including, groups (including international groups) and some not-for-profit organisations.
A strong team of eight, from Trainee up to Director level. The Senior/Assistant Manager will support and work alongside the Senior Manager/Director/Bristol Partners where necessary.
Our Bristol office opened in 1998 and has since experienced significant growth. We are based in the Clifton area of Bristol and have an office of over 70 professionals.
The successful applicant will be committed to a career in tax and have relevant experience in a corporate tax role in practice.
The successful applicant will be ATT, CTA or ACA qualified.
The successful applicant will require confidence in dealing with managers, partners and clients, have the ability to use their own initiative and to problem solve. In addition, they will possess good organisational and interpersonal skills, and provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. With this role comes the pre-requisites that the candidate is motivated, committed and flexible, with the ability to meet deadlines; a natural team player, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
As providing tax advice (responding to queries and on specific advisory projects) is a key aspect of the role, the successful applicant should have strong technical skills and a willingness to learn.
Previous experience of using computerized accounts and tax packages is useful. The firm uses Alphatax.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-12pm / 2pm-4pm
- Senior level – Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Assistant Manager level – Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme.
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Senior level – Twenty-three days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- Assistant Manager level – Twenty-five days annual leave. This increases in line with length of service.