Appreciating the value of your recruitment business
18 Nov 2022
Saffery Champness partner Adam Kay was recently interviewed by Alison Humphries on the Recruitment Leadership Podcast. Adam has over 20 years’ experience advising recruitment firms on their tax and financial matters.
He joined Alison to offer his expertise to any recruitment business leaders running rapidly scaling organisations, or those who aspire to be.
Adam provides actionable advice on how recruiters can make their exit plan a priority from the very start, plus the dos and don’ts of Employee Share Schemes and the pitfalls of the SEIS/EIS schemes.
Listen to the podcast to find out:
- What size does a business have to be for there to actually be a market of buyers for it?
- How are company valuations done?
- What might happen to valuations of recruitment businesses over the course of the next year?
- What is the tax treatment of a business sale and are changes likely?
- What are the main considerations for an owner when setting up employee share schemes?
- Employee Ownership Trusts are a means of exit that’s becoming more talked about – what are the advantages and disadvantages?
- What is involved in raising funding through Enterprise Investment Schemes and Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes?