Our 2020 issue of Landed Estates Annual Review looks at the challenges and opportunities for landowners, estates and rural businesses. Our articles include:
- An interview with the president of the CLA: Mark Bridgeman kindly agreed to speak to us about the many challenges CLA members face.
- Carbon reporting, capture and trading for landowners: Large corporates and LLPs must now report on their carbon emissions. Ultimately all businesses may need to do this. But where do landowners fit in?
- Lights, camera… income? Allowing your house or estate to be used as a location for filming can be lucrative, but there are pitfalls…
- A British period drama with a Hollywood twist: An American film producer, actor and comedian is fighting to save his ancestral home from dereliction.
- Investing in equipment? Purchasing equipment or assets can be a significant investment. Here are 10 key considerations that should help to inform your decision.
- Death and taxes: We visit the fictional Summerton Estate for the last time. Ted has died and the estate is to be sold. Our article considers the implications.
- Unlocking the value of archives: Families may be surprised at the value of their archives.