Whether it’s client service, building and maintaining lasting professional relationships or educating the next generation of service providers, for me, people are everything.
I attribute my strength in relationships with clients and intermediaries alike to keeping a cool head when faced with challenges and my ability to look objectively at complex matters. I love getting stuck into the individual nuances and that contribute to family office dynamics and finding successful outcomes to all objectives.
With over three decades of experience delivering the highest levels of private client service, I have developed an aptitude for finding simple solutions to even the most intricate issues. Practicality and efficiency motivate me in all areas of my life and I welcome opportunities to share that skillset with clients, intermediaries and colleagues alike.
As an Independent Director for Saffery Champness, I share the firm’s values and commitment to client service. My role will focus on client relationships and family office structures for high- and ultra-high-net-worth clients.
My role as a trusted adviser to our clients is to act in the best interest of the structure beneficiaries and draw on decades of experience in providing an honest, objective opinion. The role of a trustee is not only to support clients in the good times but, arguably more importantly, to provide workable solutions when challenges arise.
Having co-founded a bank and trust company in Cayman, I have extensive experience liaising with regulatory bodies, families and their trusted advisors when establishing and managing complex trust structures. Taking on not just the burden of regulatory compliance, but all aspects of our clients’ financial affairs, and working with all stakeholders to achieve their objectives is an important part of my role and enables our clients to have peace of mind that their wealth and assets are protected.
- Advising high- and ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families on establishing trust and company structures.
- Executive experience, including at Director and Board level, in trust, corporate and banking services.
- Responsibility for wealth management services to over 200 complex trust, company and agency relationships with funds under management of over US$13.5bn.
- Founding member of the Cayman Islands Family Office Association
- Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Former appointments as Deputy Chair of STEP Cayman Executive, STEP Student Liaison Officer and Chair of STEP Educational Sub-committee, STEP CRS Sub-committee and CIBA Chair of Education sub-committee
- Chartered Institute of Bankers Associate examinations
- Trust and Estate Practitioner’s Diploma