I have always been acutely aware that, if you only look at the big picture, it can be easy to lose sight of the importance of each moving part. I am extremely detail-driven and enjoy getting down to the ‘nitty gritty’ of my clients’ structures and family dynamics to understand how best to meet their needs.
My background and education in law allowed me to develop a methodical approach to my work, understanding both sides of an argument in contentious matters and finding workable, strategic solutions to achieve goals. This experience has proven invaluable in delivering the highest level of client service, which is important to me.
I pride myself on working with integrity and I welcome opportunities to build mutually respectful relationships with my clients and take on the responsibilities that come with being a trusted adviser for them and their families.
With over 20 years’ experience in trust administration, I have a multi-faceted role at Saffery Trust, which includes working with clients and their advisers and lawyers, trust and company management and acting as a regulatory liaison with governing bodies. With a small team in Cayman, I also have responsibility for the management of our office.
Having begun my career in Gibraltar in corporate administration, I moved to the Cayman Islands where my role shifted to the administration of private client trust structures including reserved powers trusts. Fluent in Spanish, I was initially working largely with Latin American clients, I attained a working knowledge of and appreciation for their culture.
As my career progressed, I gained extensive experience in the administration of multi-jurisdictional structures, including discretionary, non-discretionary and purpose trusts.
- Administration of discretionary trusts for families largely focused on estate planning, from diverse jurisdictions including Canada, the Caribbean and UK
- Acting as trustee for STAR trusts established for purposes other than named beneficiaries
- Liaising with investment managers, lawyers, accountants, corporate service providers and enforcers to ensure the ongoing implementation of Settlors’ wishes
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of STEP’s Professional Standards Committee (3 year term to December 2022)
- Graduate of University College Cardiff in Law and Spanish
- Notary Public of the Cayman Islands
- Called to the English Bar