Above all, I am a people person. Relationships are at the forefront of all I do, whether with clients, colleagues or across the extensive Saffery Trust global network. I have always placed a great deal of value in truly understanding our clients’ values, objectives and motivators, working in partnership and, not only meeting, but exceeding expectations.
I firmly believe that effective relationships are built on a foundation of trust, openness and humour. An integral part of my role is helping the next generation to understand the operation of their family’s structures, which I find hugely rewarding.
When managing people, it is important to practice patience, kindness and understanding. I don’t believe micromanaging to be effective, preferring to allow room for people to grow, while being available for guidance when needed.
I head up teams specialising in the formation and management of trust and company structures for both private and corporate clients.
Drawing on my accountancy skills, insolvency expertise and extensive experience of delivering advice, I have established myself as an expert in the private client field.
Having spent 16 years working for Saffery in the UK followed by a further 22 years in the Guernsey office, I attribute my loyalty to the firm to both the exceptional variety of my role and the dynamic of the team, which undoubtedly feels like a family. My role continually presents opportunities to learn and rise to challenges.
- Advising entrepreneurs and families on establishing trust and company structures.
- Acting as non-executive director of listed funds and companies.
- Acting by court appointment in contentious matters.
- Acting as receiver in a high-profile, complex insolvency case involving the receivership of a trust with significant liabilities.
Professional memberships and listings
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Listed as a CityWealth Top 200 Power Woman
- Listed on the Guernsey Trustees list on CityWealth’s Leaders List 2018
- Listed in ePrivateClient’s 2016 list of the 50 Most Influential private wealth professional advisers