I am a firm believer that learning is a lifelong undertaking. I am fortunate that the broad reach of my role across five different areas of the business allow for opportunities to expand my knowledge base and I actively encourage the sharing of knowledge between team members.
Wearing several professional hats, I am a skilled in organisation and prioritisation and am able to keep a cool head under pressure to the benefit of both client service and my colleagues.
When faced with challenges, I have a methodical approach and will invest time in considering different options to ensure I choose the most efficient way forward.
My role at Saffery Trust is multi-faceted, with responsibility for Tax, IT, Finance, Cyber/Information Security and Operations (including business transformation projects).
I previously worked for Guernsey’s Tax Office, prior to joining Saffery Trust in 1996, becoming a Director in 2001. With over three decades of tax experience, I am able to draw on extensive expertise of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS), to ensure that our clients understand and comply with all relevant requirements. I deal with all aspects of Guernsey and UK tax, with a particular focus on the UK taxation compliance obligations of international trusts and companies.
I provide specialist tax advice on all Guernsey residency issues and I work closely with UK tax advisers and lawyers (including our colleagues in Saffery UK, as well as affiliates from the Nexia network) to assist our international clients implement and maintain tax-efficient structures and mitigate the impact of double taxation.
- Providing tax compliance services to clients, including high-net-worth individuals.
- Navigating the complexities of the capital gains tax legislation for trusts and companies.
- Advising on Guernsey corporate taxation and the implications for Guernsey resident shareholders.
- Providing Economic Substance help and guidance to affected companies.
- Expertise in global reporting standards such as Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (MAAT)
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)