I have travelled extensively and have always had a keen interest in learning about other cultures and ideologies. I feel privileged to be able to continue acquiring and using this knowledge as part of my day-to-day work with international clients. While travelling, I took up opportunities to undertake charity work and teach English, having always had an eagerness to help people further themselves.
Supporting others in their growth is something that influences the work I do for clients and my team members. It is hugely rewarding to me to play a part in helping others achieve their goals. When faced with challenges, I enjoy finding innovative solutions to best meet our clients’ needs.
Having worked within a corporate bank owned trust company as well as within our partner owned model, I have experienced both sides of the coin. I identify strongly with the ethos of Saffery Champness where we are all aligned in making the long-term horizons of our clients our most pressing priority.
Alongside responsibility for the growth and management of our Swiss and Cayman offices, I am also responsible for a portfolio of high-net-worth clients.
I have a particular interest in property and supporting my clients in the purchase and sale of development, residential or commercial properties, in international markets, including the UK and US.
I also have a focus on clients from the Middle East and Africa, traveling regularly to these regions, to meet with clients. I have a particular aptitude for supporting clients with succession planning and working with the next generation to educate them, ensuring family values are passed on and often mediating to ensure an agreeable solution is found to any contentious matters.
I often work with family offices and other trust companies, assisting with accounting projects or ongoing financial or investment reporting to provide up to date and relevant material for those who need to be aware of such matters.
- Acting as trustee for high-net-worth families and high-profile individuals and dealing with complex family situations.
- Advising international clients on solutions for succession planning and asset protection that will ensure family wealth is safeguarded for future generations.
- Providing financial information to individuals, family offices and trustees in a format that is relevant and understandable to the individuals involved.
- Providing structuring services for a wide range of entities holding diverse assets, including real estate, investment portfolios, aircraft and yachts.
- Finding workable solutions for clients when challenges arise, including engaging with a network of global specialist advisers.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCCA)
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)Attained the STEP Securities Institute Investment Management certificate