Trust Manager, Guernsey
Solution-focussed and cool under pressure, I thrive when presented with challenges that require out-the-box thinking. My former vocation as a senior leader in primary education set me in good stead for balancing a continually evolving workload, considering and meeting the needs of all stakeholders with an appreciation for the importance of clear communication.
I value the diversity of my role, where no two days are the same. Building and maintaining effective working relationships with my clients, some of whom have been working partnership with Saffery Champness for over 20 years, is extremely important to me and I hold opportunities to overcome challenges for my clients in high regard.
I am responsible for a team managing a portfolio of complex structures for several ultra-high-net-worth individuals. Working in partnership with clients and their advisers, I handle a wide and diverse range of investments in US, UK and European real estate, quoted investment portfolios and luxury assets including multiple aircraft.
Drawing on my background as an educator, I have also been responsible for system training for staff at all levels across the Guernsey office, as well as providing opportunities for the learning and development of my team.
- Utilisation of complex, multi-jurisdictional trust and corporate structures for investment and asset protection.
- Ensuring compliance with international sanctions including liaising with lawyers and other professionals.
- Structuring and tax planning for the purchase, sale and operations of multiple private aircraft.
- Multi-investor US commercial and residential property structures.
- Qualified member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)