With close to two decades of industry experience, I would credit the strength and longevity of my relationships with clients and professionals alike to being open, honest and direct. Both professionally and personally, I can be relied upon as a man of my word who consistently delivers on my promises.
While I have extensive experience in management, I have always been drawn back to client-facing roles because working with people is what motivates me. I can read situations and people effectively and empathise with my clients’ needs.
I never underestimate the value of listening to, and respecting the opinions of others, while also being confident in providing my own insight. I have an aptitude for being able to convey multi-faceted concepts in a digestible way, without losing sight of the complexities.
As a Client Director, I was tasked with developing Saffery Trust’ presence in Zurich. My time in industry has been largely spent advising high- and ultra-high-net-worth clients, their family offices and advisors from Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. I have deep expertise in estate planning for complex client needs and a broad knowledge of global tax issues and risks related to holding a diverse portfolio of assets.
Having previously held several leadership positions, most recently as an Executive Management board member of one of the largest bank-owned trust companies, I am able to draw on my experience of driving strategic change in supporting the growth of Saffery Trust’ footprint in the Swiss market.
- Bilingual in English and German and hold Swiss, South African and Canadian citizenships
- Executive Board experience
- Extensive exposure to complex structures owning residential and commercial real estate as well as operating companies
- Multi-jurisdictional exposure, including the structuring of assets for US secondary beneficiaries and UK resident non-domiciled clients
- Broad experience of structuring for Swiss resident clients