Alex is an audit Senior Manager in our Charities and Not-for-Profit group. Alex is based in Bristol, having originally joined our Bournemouth office in 2007. She has extensive experience of auditing and advising a range of charities and not-for-profits – from independent schools, museums and endowed foundations to medical charities, poverty relief entities and arts organisations.
Alex regularly writes and contributes to articles within the charities and not-for-profit sector. These have included articles on managing risks with related party transactions and how to hold effective trustee meetings.
- Providing statutory audit work and accountancy services to a range of charities and companies,
- Reviewing systems and controls and advising on governance matters,
- Advising on financial reporting, forecasting and strategic matters,
- Providing grant audit reports for funders,
- Alex also has experience ‘on the other side of the table’ as a trustee.
Outside of work Alex spends most of her time looking after her daughter; enjoying activities such as swimming, puzzles and reading together.
Alex is a member of the firm’s national Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) Team and is passionate about helping to shape policies, events and culture to ensure ED&I is integrated throughout.