Andy joined the Geneva team in 2015 and serves as a client director, managing a trust administration team that handles a diverse array of financial and non-financial assets, with a focus on tax complex/UK resident non-domiciled clients, UK commercial/residential real estate and privately-owned family companies.
Allied to his client service expertise, he brings extensive experience of tailoring and implementing management strategy and policy in all areas, including risk management (operational, due diligence and fiduciary), business change and development.
Prior to his appointment with Saffery Champness he spent 16 years with private bank trust companies, first in Jersey and then in Geneva, culminating in the role of deputy head of a Geneva trust business. During this time, he managed the separation of the two legal entities, prior to the sale of the trust business.
Andy started his career in UK retail banking in 1989 before moving into investment banking and then, in March 2000, to trust and estate administration.
- Creating and administering structures for UK resident non-domiciled clients.
- Administering structures holding family-run businesses, including an IPO on the Cairo and Alexandria Stock Exchange of an offshore marine and oil support services company.
- Business risk management and corporate governance.
- Handling complex structures owning residential and commercial real estate.
- Contentious cases, family dispute mediation and resolution, momentous trustee decisions.
Andy is married with two children and enjoys spending time with his family and taking walks in the mountains around Geneva. He is a keen skier and snowboarder and is an advanced open-water SCUBA diver. He enjoys supporting his local ice-hockey team Genève Servette.