Anton is a Director in the firm’s London office, with significant experience in advising his clients in all aspects of statutory reporting, financing, corporate and personal tax compliance, and a specific expertise in accessing the creative sector tax reliefs.
His client base includes major US film studios and TV broadcasters, independent production companies and individuals in the film and TV industries, as well as several video game development companies and multinational publishers. Anton has worked on a broad range of projects, including “Succession” (TV), “The Midnight Sky” (streaming platform), “Bridgerton” (streaming platform), “Death on the Nile” (film), “Sea of Thieves” (video game) and “The Dark Pictures Anthology”(video game).
Anton qualified as a chartered accountant in 2011 and joined Saffery in 2012. He has been advising clients in the media and creative sectors for over 10 years.
- Advising overseas clients on viability of bringing projects to the UK and considering impact of production-specific contractual arrangements, multi-territorial production structures and financing arrangements
- Advising on access to and calculating the UK tax incentive for film and TV productions and video game developers
- Advising on British cultural test qualification and attaining co-production status for films, TV programs and video games
- Financial modelling and valuation of projected film revenues
- Reviewing the beneficial structuring of film finance for independent productions
- Assisting clients with corporate reporting, audit and statutory compliance
Anton is a keen sports fan, following with bated breath the trials and tribulations of his football team, Liverpool FC, and dealing with the inevitable disappointment by going skiing in the Alps. He also enjoys reading early modern literature, particularly from the interwar period in Europe.