Barbara is a partner in the tax advisory team in London and has worked for Saffery since 2006. She advises individuals, trustees and beneficiaries, based both in the UK and abroad in relation to UK tax, succession and estate planning.
She has worked on many disclosures of offshore tax issues to HMRC and her client base tends to be high net worth individuals and their families. She has experience in advising UK resident and non-dom individuals in relation to their UK tax affairs and structuring their wealth. Barbara also advises a number of offshore trustees in relation to their UK tax obligations and has experience dealing with inheritance issues both in relation to trusts and individuals.
Barbara was listed as a Rising Star by Spear’s magazine in 2018.
Barbara works closely with our Geneva office and deals with clients from both the UK and Geneva offices.
- Advising trustees in relation to their UK tax obligations and issues arising for UK resident beneficiaries of offshore trusts. Providing advice to minimise UK tax exposure,
- Dealing with disclosures to HM Revenue & Customs in relation to UK tax issues arising on both UK situs and overseas assets,
- Advising international clients and their families regarding relocating to or leaving the UK and the applications of the UK’s Statutory Residence Test,
- Advising both UK and non-UK domiciled individuals regarding their UK tax exposure and providing advice regarding wealth planning,
- Planning for clients before they become UK resident or before they become deemed domicile in the UK for UK tax purposes,
- Advice regarding the holding of UK residential and commercial property in various offshore structures and considering the costs of removing assets from or putting assets into various offshore structures,
- Advising families and family offices regarding their UK filing obligations in respect of the individuals and the holding of UK and offshore assets,
- Providing advice regarding the use of a Family Investment Company and other wealth management structures.
Barbara lives in Hampshire with her husband and dog and enjoys spending time with family and friends and making the most of living in the countryside.