A partner in the London office, Clare is one of the firm’s specialist tax partners and is head of the London Tax Group. She advises individuals, trustees and beneficiaries, based both in the UK and abroad in relation to tax, succession and estate planning.
She is also actively involved in our international network Nexia and heads up the Nexia Private Wealth Business Group.
Her client base tends to be high net worth individuals and their families and her particular expertise is in advising international clients, specifically UK resident and non-dom individuals. She acts as trustee to a number of family trusts and is experienced in dealing with issues arising for trustees and their beneficiaries.
Clare is listed as a Private Client Consulting Expert in the 2018 issue of Who’s Who Legal, and has been featured on the Citywealth Leaders List for the past 4 years.
- Advising international clients and their families relocating to the UK or leaving the UK and the use of offshore structures for wealth preservation, as well as taxation planning. This includes the ownership of property in the UK and abroad, and the impact of recent charges to the UK tax treatment of high value residential property.
- Advising UK resident and domiciled families and their trustees regarding their UK taxation affairs.
- Acting as trustee to a number of family trusts.
- Assisting clients with a disclosure to HM Revenue & Customs under various disclosure facilities.
- Helping international clients (in particular, UK resident non-dom individuals) and their family offices and trustees with UK filing requirements and maintaining UK tax compliant accounting records.
In her spare time, Clare enjoys skiing, cooking and gardening. Clare also has two Labradors, which require lots of walking.